We lead the way with the world’s best live acts, and this is one of them!
Whirling Dervish Dancers based in the United Kingdom, and are available to travel worldwide.
The perfect occasions:
Whirling Dervish Dancers would be an ideal act for: Arabian Nights Events and more.
Need more persuasion? Here are the highlights:
- The Whirling Dervish dance comes from the Sufi Monks of Turkey and is used as a type of meditation to reach enlightenment.
- The dancers turn continually on the spot for long periods of time which enables them to loose their visual focus and hone in on their internal awareness.
- Traditionally they wear white circular skirts with white shirts or jackets. As they turn, the skirts spin out to a full circle which adds to the spinning effect.
- The Whirling Dervish has become a performance in itself and the costumes can vary. For example the performance version from Egypt often sees the dancers wearing bright colours and geometric patterns on their costumes.
- Throughout a Whirling Dervish routine, the dancers follow patterns and turn in sync as well as having freestyle use of the arms to maintain balance and signify various meditative gestures.
- Please note these Whirling Dervish Dancers approach this art form from a performance point of view and are not in any way from a religious background.
- 3 x 15 minute sets.
Don’t take our word for it! This is what other clients said about Whirling Dervish Dancers:
“Great dancing, truly hypnotising.”
“Fantastic, never thought I’d see this in person but a real treat to watch.”