Can I Have Fire Performers Inside My Wedding Venue ?
Most venues allow fire performers as long as you follow the correct procedures, reputable companies will be happy to guide you on this and liaise with the venue. In most cases the performer will not require a site visit before your wedding but your venue may request this or prefer it. You should expect to pay an extra fee for their time before the event. Most risk assessments can be performed on the day of the event.
What do you need to consider ahead of the day ?
- First you need to make sure your fire performer is fully insured with public liability insurance. This protects you from being held liable for anything that may go wrong during the performance.
- You want to find 2 meters of clearance from the audience and make sure there are no stray balloons or drapes around. These are all things to look out for prior to booking your fire performer.
- Also keep in mind your performer should conduct their own risk assessment on site. Remember – fire performers are professional and have trained for many years to do this skills, they will always perform a risk assessment when they arrive to asses the situation.
What if the venue says no ?
- Fire inside too hot for the venue to handle? Look for alternative entertainment with a Pixel or LED Poi. These performers will light up the guest entrance or have a show stoping performance inside.
- Still want to feel that heat? Most venues will allow fire performers outside! Most performances last around 10-15 minutes. This makes an ideal time to change a room over and give your catering staff time to prepare for the evening guest.
Want a hassle free experience booking a fire performer. Enquire now with RubyLemon to schedule a performer for your wedding today !